A Brighton-based panel of judges will shortlist the winners, before Disclosure & Kopparberg choose a winner to take to the stage on the 9th June, for an exclusive Saturday night slot on the Kopparberg Urban Forest Stage.
WILD LIFE, the weekend-long festival at Brighton City Airport created by Disclosure and Rudimental, has launched a competition to find the UK’s next hottest DJ.
The shortlist of entries will be judged by Disclosure and Kopparberg UK, who will award their chosen entrant with a highly coveted Saturday night slot on the Kopparberg Urban Forest Stage amongst impressive acts such as DJ Zinc, Low Steppa, Kideko, Understate, Wax Worx, DJ Dubl, Mike Panteli, DJ Banenrworx and DJ Carter.
The competition, which opens today, will close on Monday 15th May. Fans can enter by posting their DJ mix on Twitter using the hashtag #WILDLIFEDJ and @KopparbergUK.
WILD LIFE Festival will take place at Brighton City Airport on 9th – 10th June, tickets are available from wildlifefestival.com.
All submissions will be judged and shortlisted by a panel of tastemakers from some of the region’s most influential publications before the winner is selected by Disclosure and Kopparberg UK.
- Edwin Gilson, Guide editor of Brighton’s largest paper, The Brighton Argus
- Stuart Rolt, editor and Henna Malik, music editor of BN1
- Nammie Matthews, editor of The University of Brighton’s student paper The Verse
- Fin Evans – Producer, DJ, events promoter and current station manager at URF – Sussex University’s student radio station
- Jennifer Logan and Isabella Cipirska, reporters of the Shoreham Herald and Sussex Newspapers
- Meriam Alnaman, Senior Marketing Manager at KopparbergUK
At this year’s Wildlife festival, under the canopy of the Kopparberg Urban Forest, a magical clearing will showcase the intriguing beauty of the Swedish pine forest surrounding the brewery in the small town of Kopparberg. Here, summer fun seekers will enjoy the sunny weekend around a stage that will be graced by the UK’s top festival music artists, DJs and established acts.
Welcoming a mix of London and Swedish culture every step of the way, the Kopparberg Urban Forest will be serving a mixture of its refreshing and delicious fruit cider and fruit lager variants.
Entry to Kopparberg Urban Forest will be free and open to over 18s only.