BBC Introducing Presents Article
We were sent a promotional copy of the upcoming album ‘BBC Introducing Presents…Volume 1’. Here is an insight into what to look forward to when it’s released on 16th March 2015!
Island Records UK have recently teamed up with BBC Introducing to produce a 2-disc album of tracks from various artists who have benefitted from this platform. BBC Introducing is the brand for BBC radio station programmes that highlight new and undiscovered talented musicians, mainly from the UK.
Exclusively live recorded at various BBC Introducing sessions and events, ‘BBC Introducing Presents…Volume 1’ brings a sense of immediacy as you appreciate the intimate vocals and instrumentals displayed in the songs. Featuring successful artists such as Ed Sheeran, Wretch 32, George Ezra, Rae Morris and many more, these discs contain some of the most popular songs made since the platform’s launch in 2007.
The 32 track listed album includes a mix of sounds, from soothing melodies on ballads like Gabrielle Aplin’s Home and Ed Sheeran’s A Team, to edgy instrumentals on tunes like Slaves’ Where’s Your Car Debbie. There are also funky beats featured on songs such as Juce’s Call You Out and Bondax’ Gold. Discovered in Brighton via BBC Introducing, Rizzle Kicks also appear on this album. Performed at Radio 1’s Hackney weekend, a unique version of the duo’s song Down With The Trumpets features on this record. With powerful and varied instrumentals accompanying the group’s distinctive rapping, this version of the song brings an exciting sound to the album.
My personal favourite in this collection is Låpsley’s Falling short, as its warm vocals resonate throughout the song, accompanying a misty voice echoing routinely in the background. It has a calm acoustic-style vibe, adding further variety to the album as a whole.
‘BBC Introducing Presents… Volume 1’ will be released on 16th March 2015 and will be available to buy on iTunes and record selling stores.
By Maxine Harrison
Full Track Listing of the Album:
- James Bay – Hold Back The River (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Cat?sh and the Bottlemen – Kathleen (BBC Music Awards)
- Rae Morris – Closer (Live At Reading Festival)
- Jack Garratt – Worry (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Låpsley – Falling Short (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Sunset Sons – Remember (Live at Reading Festival)
- Slaves – Where’s Your Car Debbie? (BBC Radio 1 Rock Week)
- Coasts – A Rush of Blood (Radio 1 Big Weekend)
- Prides – Out Of The Blue (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Rhodes – Your Soul (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Bondax – Gold (BBC Maida Vale Session
- Saint Raymond – Fall At Your Feet (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- JUCE – Call You Out (Live at Radio 1 Big Weekend )
- Aquilo – You There (Live at Glastonbury)
- Indiana – Solo Dancing (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Moko – Hand On Heart (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Ed Sheeran – The A Team (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- George Ezra – Budapest (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Rizzle Kicks – Down With The Trumpets (Radio 1’s Hackney Weekend)
- Jake Bugg – Taste It (Radio 1’s Big Weekend)
- Wretch 32 – Traktor (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Twin Atlantic – Free (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Lonely The Brave – Backroads (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Gabrielle Aplin – Home (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Marina and the Diamonds – I Am Not A Robot (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge)
- Everything Everything – Cough Cough (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Bombay Bicycle Club – Shuf?e (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- Jack Peñate – Torn On The Platform (Live at Bestival)
- Two Door Cinema Club – What You Know (Live at Reading Festival)
- Pulled Apart By Horses – High Five, Swan Dive, Nose Dive (BBC Maida Vale Session)
- White Lies – To Lose My Life (BBC Radio 6 Music Session)